What we’re currently reading about…
- Pork Belly, Lobster and, Yes, Music A gastronomic Summer of Love kicks off with the Great GoogaMooga festival in Prospect Park, where star chefs are the headliners, upstaging the musical acts.
- Buying Local Wines: Does the Idea Travel Well? Even in ancient times, it was transported great distances. So why drink local wines now?
- Just Like Old Times A 1920s mood prevails at a party for a literary magazine with at least one foot in the past.
- Beauty Spots Kohl introduces Elle Cosmetics, Ulta Beauty has a new line, and Target now has two bath and body brands.
- 36 Hours in Napa Valley The array of sensory indulgences here can make you dizzy before you’ve even had your first glass of local wine.
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer The largest-ever study of the relationship between coffee consumption and health showed that regular coffee drinkers had a lower risk of dying from a variety of diseases.
- Pinterest Raises $100 Million Pinterest, which allows users to share photographs, recipes and other media on custom “pinboards,” raised $100 million in a funding round led by the Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten.
Eater National: Where to Drink in Montreal – Right Now.
Miss Posh Life: Posh Style! Destroyed Denim Destroyed denim is making an appearance again…
Idlewild South: South’s Finest, Wes Gordon
Celiac Eats: Gluten free krumkake
Poor Little It Girl: Waxing poetic on summer street styles